Spaghetti Puttanesca with Salmon
454g (1 pack) Stefano spaghetti pasta
90 ml (6 tbsp) Stefano extra-virgin olive oil
60 ml (4 tbsp) garlic, thinly sliced
10 ml (4-5 filets) anchovies, chopped
85 ml (⅓ cup) olives, pitted
60 ml (¼ cup) capers
10 ml (2 tsp) chili flakes
500 ml (2 cup) Stefano marinara sauce
45 ml (3 tbsp) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 x 125 g cans Rio Mare Salmon fillets in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Before draining, reserve about 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta cooking water
2. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add olive oil, garlic, anchovies, olives, capers and chili flakes. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is golden.
3. Add marinara sauce, stir well and bring to a simmer. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add cooked pasta to sauce to the pan and toss vigorously with tongs to coat. Add some reserved pasta cooking water, if needed. Turn off heat and add chopped parsley.
5. Serve on a platter topped with large chunks of salmon